Sunday, March 27, 2011

Showered with Mercy, and Saved

This is a poem about God's sovereign electing grace, that in His perfect timing broke through my hardened heart sometime in 1982, and to this day keeps me safe and secure in Christ, and will throughout all eternity.

---

Trapped in shackles, not free
Enslaved, because of me
I deserved what I got
A prison of my own making

I chose to do what ashames me now
I broke the bonds that protected me
I fought to keep my master hidden
I alone, immensely deceived

No reprieve, no rescue for me
Alone in loneliness, surrounded
Dying inside, unable to see
I was helpless, I'd failed miserably

I was a wreck, nowhere to go
Dismantled, my pride finally broke
Bankrupt, no resources, no hope
I hung my head and cried

Agonizing through residual pain
Slogging in the driving rain
The blood came and washed away the stain
I awoke and found my chains were gone

Unfaithful, I, the one undone
Wracked by my pride, God brough me low
Jesus, Righteous Lover of my soul
Showered me with His mercy

Freed by amazing loving hands
Pierced for my sin, He tasted God's wrath
Goodness believed, new live received
By grace, through faith, wonderfully saved

No comments:

Post a Comment