Monday, March 21, 2011

Jesus Wins, Plain and Simple

The Cross is central. "...we preach Christ crucified..." (1 Cor. 1:23). "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." (1 Cor. 2:2)

Reading Rob Bell's book "Love Wins" on Kindle was, needless to say, a frustrating, maddening, saddening exercise. One that intensified my desire to "Preach the Word" (2 Tim. 4:2) and engage in "rightly handling the Word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15). Imposters and deceivers will be exposed in the light of day, one day. Bottom line is this...some truth + much error + scripture twisting + engaging writing + persuasive arguments + arrogant assumptions + leading questions + truth undeclared = deceptive heresy.

The true Jesus wins.

Jesus is True, Truth, Truthful.
Jesus is Savior, Lord, King.
Jesus is God, Sovereign, over all.
Jesus is our Substitute, payment for sin, our Deliverer.
Jesus is the Word, God incarnate, Lover of my soul.
Jesus is my only hope, the anchor of my soul, the Author and Perfector of faith.
Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the Bright Morning Star, Faithful.

Why do people insist on discrediting Jesus and His followers? Pride.
Why the need to try to be seen as the one with the definitive questions and answers? Pride.
Why the need to be "cool" and not with the "establishment"? Pride.
Why the need for "new", "hidden", "secret" knowledge that refutes Scripture's clear teaching? Pride.

Someone asked me in 1983 what I would do if I could do anything. My answer? "Tell people about Jesus".

Tonight I was thinking, what do I want to do more than anything? Call people to Jesus.

Hear the words of 2 Tim. 2:8, "Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment