Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mercy

Mercy holds back the judgment my sin deserved. Mercy calls me blessed because in mercy God saved my soul in Christ and caused me to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I am in debt to God's mercy; but it is free so I go free. I stand because of it. I live by it. In His merciful lovingkindness God saw fit to grant me His most precious and eternal promises and due to it I am the richest of the rich though I may possess nothing of real value here on earth. The riches of Christ are mine because I am in Christ. Christ living in me is my hope of glory. My hope of seeing Jesus face to face rests on the predetermined plan of God and His amazing grace which He showered upon me; giving me the gift of faith, in mercy holding back the punishment my sin warranted; giving me unwarranted good standing by His good pleasure in the sight of God. All praise goes to Jesus Christ, from Whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment