Thursday, January 14, 2010

Looking with Eyes of Hope on All

Sometimes I write people off. I think "they have no interest in spiritual things" or "they do not care about Jesus at all". While that may be true, what I do next is not fair or right. I assign them a "place" that may not be the place God has or intends for them. I put them in the "hopeless" category.

Only God knows those He has chosen and called and marked out for eternal life in heaven with Him. The only thing i know is what I see and hear and think. What God wants of me is trust and obedience. He will grow the produce.

The words of Matthew 28:18-20 are the marching orders for Christ's church, given by Christ Himself.

Christ's call to go and make disciples holds many crucial implications for our living and our leading. Among them is this thought:

I should not won't write anybody off as "hopeless". God knows the hearts of all men (1 Sam. 16:7). We should think "if they are still breathing there is hope". He knows who will be saved; we are just called to faithfully live and unashamedly proclaim the Gospel truth (Romans 1:16).

Jesus can and does change lives. He changed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment