Monday, May 9, 2011

Social, yet Impersonal

We are social people. And there are more ways to get in touch with people than ever before. Yet it amazes me that so many can be "socially connected" and yet be so relationally disconnected. We are more socially connected yet we can spend less time in person with people, and that is sad because that is where the true connection takes place.

I've taken a brief hiatus from blogging but now I'm back. Sometimes you need a little break from the routine to be better at it and appreciate it more. I love to write but the thing I love most is knowing that people may be impacted by my words, especially my communicating of God's Word, the Bible, the perfect, innerant, infallible Word of God.

I think one of the reasons 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8 are some of my favorite life and ministry verses is because it shows, as God uses mothers to make the point, the perfect combination, the perfect marriage of God's Word and people, the two things that last forever.

That's why, even though I love to write, and know that God might use my words for His glory in other's lives, I'd rather be face to face with a person and God's Word any day. May we redeem the time and may our social connections be personally encouraging and edifying to the glory of God in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment