Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Walking Barefoot in My Yard" (a poem)

Walking Barefoot in My Yard

Waves rolling and I'm turning in
Glad to be back on this side of sanity
Wondering what might have been
Had I walked on and on and on and on...

Blessed to have new life
Praising the One who died for me
Best to know the love, the grace, the mercy
Journeying on over mountains and sea

Unforgettable fire put out by blood
Covered by the magnificent flood
Indebted to the One who paid the cost
Else I would be dead and lost

Far away so close and always running
Gunning for eternity opened wide for us
None but the listening can hear
Brings us hope and sends us cheer

Mountains crumbling and swallowed by
Seeds of faith sprinkled openly
Water washing the most filthy
Blood cleansing the most needy

I'm home in my backyard walking barefoot
A thousand miles from my former sins
Turned from them when He touched my soul
Refreshed I enter the joy of my Master.

Praise God. Jesus is Lord. MWS. 1/24/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment