Friday, August 12, 2011

No Fruit and then one day...Wow!

No fruit and then one day...wow! Sometimes its easy to write someone or a group off as useless and unfruitful. We run the risk of pulling the plug too early. You may say this is all good and well but I am out of gas, been on empty for too long. You may even have all kinds of excuses...er "reasons" why it won't work. The disciples had a very practical reason for doubting, they simply didn't have the resources.

Jesus is not limited by our limitations. In fact, sometimes He chooses to do a miracle and leave no indication as to why, and no instructions for repeating it. Like feeding of 5000. I've had a dwarf lime tree for about 10 years that has given no limes. First year two limes, a glimmer of hope. I love limes and my kids gave it to me for fathers day one year. Ever since that first year no fruit. I almost cut it down several times. Green but fruitless. But I kept hoping, albeit weakly. Then I went out there this past Wednesday, and the tree is full of limes!!! God can make fruit grow when there has been none.

I've seen the crash and burns, but I've also seen new growth and fruit appear where once there was none, I've seen it happen in so many lives, families and churches. And we are left with no explanation why except that He is great and does as He pleases with what is His. God is full of mercy and grace. Jesus Christ is Lord of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment