Monday, August 1, 2011

Enough

I hear my Savior say to me "Am I enough for you?"
Or do you need something else to prop you up
Do you need applause, do you need to succeed
To feel like you are somebody?

Blood was spilled so that I would not run to false gods
The veil was torn so I would know His love
The fury went on him so I could come to Him
The cost was covered so I could live

My identity is anchored in the crucified One
I've been bought with a price, I'm owned by the Son

But how often I cling to anything but the cross
How frequent are my wanderings
How awful was His passion
How tremendous was His sacrifice

To depths of love I'd never known
Nor could ever know apart from Him
He brings me, His adequacy covers all
The all sufficient Savior is enough

My identity is anchored in the crucified One
I've been bought with a price, I'm owned by the Son

No comments:

Post a Comment