Monday, February 7, 2011

Praying for the Blinded

I was blind but now I see. I was spiritually blind and unable to see anything spiritually speaking. But God's irresistible grace broke through the hardness of my heart. Jesus drew my to Himself, giving me assurance of His love and grace. I found forgiveness in Christ due to His unmerited kindness to me based on nothing in me and everything on Him.

And so I pray for the wayward and lost who cannot see the light, as some prayed for ms in my dark night of wandering. Back then the truth sounded foolish, now it thrills my soul. Then I railed against the gospel and Jesus Christ, now I cling to it and Him. And I will forevermore, not due to my understanding or my faithfulness or my good behavior, but due to His matchless, marvelous, amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment