Friday, December 17, 2010

Let the Gospel Launch a Counterattack

More than ever before my inbox and mailbox has been flooded with requests from merchants literally begging me to buy something from them. They are pulling out all the stops. Some will be successful. Many will not. In the midst of this barrage I have to literally force myself to focus on Jesus, and the gospel, or I'll get swept up in the craziness of the moment. Which is exactly what marketers are hoping I will do. Swipe the card now and think later. Which is why I want to 'preach Christ and Him crucified' to myself, my household, and you right now. In hopes that the transforming, life-altering, awe-inspiring, mind-blowing truth of the gospel of the grace of God in Christ will launch a counterattack on the world's hollow wisdom and lead us away from slavery to consumerism and all the other -isms, and into the glorious freedom of the children of God in Christ. Even while we buy presents, cook meals and interact with people, we can be carrying on a secret conversation with God that is pure worship."Thank You Jesus for saving my soul. Thank You for loving me and forgiving me. Thank You for Your presence that comforts, Your Word that teaches and changes me, Your good work of grace in my heart. I need You Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment