Thursday, October 7, 2010

Doing What Really Matters

I love reading the Bible and praying with my family. It might seem like an insignificant activity to engage them in the things of God on a daily basis. It is a congregation of 7 (6 now on a daily basis since our eldest is off at college). What great things would God do through such a small group? All I know is this, that next to my relationship with Jesus, and my wife Angela, shepherding my family spiritually is my next highest calling. Preaching the gospel to them daily is one of my highest callings. Ephesians 6:4 says that I am not to exasperate my children but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Delegating that delightful duty does not count. You cannot do it in abstentia. You need to be present. So I am very thankful for the opportunity to lead them on purpose, to the glory of God and for their eternal good. I say "thank You Jesus" for the privilege to be used to impact the Sciarra family and direct their gaze to the Lord Jesus Christ and Him crucified, that we all might make our boast in the goodness and greatness of the Lord God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment