Friday, September 3, 2010

God's Prerogative

God is just and He is free to do as He pleases. All His ways are just and right. Romans 9:6 says "for He says to Moses, 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.'" The discussion of salvation and Christian growth lands squarely in the realm of God's prerogative. He chooses freely based on His predetermined plan. Romans 9:16 says "It depends not on human will or exertion, but on God who has mercy." It is by God's doing that I am in Christ. As 1 Cor. 1:30 says, "He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus."

It gives me great comfort knowing that I don't choose myself or keep myself a Christian. It is God's work. Being sinful, if it was mine I would mess it up. I surely could not initiate or sustain such wonderful, God-dependent things. It is also a source of amazing assurance that it all depends on God. And it is mind-boggling that He also chooses to use me as His instrument of righteousness for the good of others. He uses me as a conduit of His grace in my life, family, church and community. All praise goes to God for His marvelous grace. The Lord Jesus Christ, my Sovereign Savior, deserves all the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment