Sunday, February 28, 2010

Everybody's Got a Story to Tell

God reorients life. God makes sense out of life. No matter what happens, if we take the time to recognize it, God makes good come out of seemingly horrible situations. We may get discouraged, depressed, even hopeless, but God is a God of hope and healing and wholeness. He repairs what sin destroys.

Peter’s Mother-in-law healed of a fatal disease, a leper given his life back, a servant able to walk again, a marriage put back together, scars healed, pain relieved, a heart replaced, sin forgiven, guilt removed, hope restored, life reborn.

"Everybody's Got a Story to Tell"

Everybody’s got a story to tell
I’ve got one and so have you
How Jesus rescued us from the brink of hell
And gave us what He came to do

I’ve got life where sin once reigned
I found peace that I didn’t have
I know love like I never knew
He bought peace with His own blood

His life for mine I know it well
Reminded often of the price He paid
When once alive I’ll never die
I now figure in the scheme of things

Jesus bought me back from sin
Jesus saved my wanting soul
Jesus paid the ultimate price
Jesus came to give me life

Raised from death to life one day
Preparing a home so far away
Coming back to bring us there
Eternal pleasures dwelling

Everyone’s got a story to tell
What theme it takes only God knows
My prayer is that you live forever
Receiving what He gives to you

Hope is where the heart is found
Upon the settled, solid ground
Love found there where hate once ruled
Love given by my substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment