Saturday, August 22, 2009

Navigating in the Fog

If you have ever driven in fog you know how dangerous and disorienting it is. I remember once driving a church bus full of people I cared about up to the mountains at night going to a retreat. There was almost zero visibility and we crept along at a snail's pace just so we could stay on the road. No way in the world would I have floored it, no way would I have not kept my eyes fixed on the yellow dotted line that was my guide up the hill.

There are times when you wouldn't even venture out the fog is so thick. It can be disorienting, confusing. Sometimes when we are going through a particularly tough stretch in life we will say we are in a "fog". We know God is with us but we can't make heads or tails out of anything going on; we're waiting for the fog to lift so we can get our bearings and see clearly once again. When that happens it is like waking up from a bad dream, glad that you are back to reality. Only sometimes the fog is reality and all you have is God to lean on. It is then that we truly experience Jesus as our life (Col. 3:4). He loves it when we rest solely on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment