Friday, April 15, 2011

Do Not Judge Lest You be Judged

I am so judgmental. I come to conclusions before knowing the whole story. I rush to judgment. I hide it well. Sometimes not so well and sarcastic comments or full-fledged put downs come out. I am wretched, miserable, poor and sorry for my arrogant attitudes that seem to be more plentiful these days. One look at myself leads to despair. One look at the Lord Jesus Christ lifts me up out of self-condemnation to thankfulness and praise to Him who had mercy on my sinning, guilty, unworthy soul.

I am the last one who deserves to be judgmental. I should know. And yet I forget so quickly. I am sorrowful over my sin and selfishness. I want to be well. I want to praise God instead of complaining. I want to encourage others instead of being negative. I want to lift up Jesus rather than myself. I do things for the most selfsih reasons. Knowing that my sin was judged at the cross of Christ is what keeps me grounded and tethered to the truth, especially when lies attack. Jesus told us that we would know the truth and the truth would set us free (John 8:32) and I am so grateful. I cling to the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Actually, the truth is that He is holding onto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment