Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Essential Truth

The deity of Christ is absolutely essential.

It is to be believed, not denied. It is to be lived, not ignored. It is to be celebrated not questioned. It is arguably the lynch pin of Christianity. It is necessary to the Christian faith. It is not negotiable, it is a non-negotiable truth that stands no matter what cult or false religion says or teaches or asserts. It is gospel truth nestled in the true doctrine of God. Up against pagan lies it stands as the pinnacle of orthodox belief. The church of God boldly claims it's truth and rightly takes it's stand on it as the pillar and support of the truth.

When I came to faith in Christ, or better said when God drew me to Himself by grace through faith, and I repented of my sins, being transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of his glorious Son, I did not realize this truth. It was shortly thereafter that I was struck by the magnitude of the teaching. That I was awestruck by the sheer wonder of it all. It hit me like a ton of bricks one day, that while I grew up in a great family, going to a Protestant church, I did not know two foundational truths until I was brought to saving faith...that the bible is completely true and Jesus is God. It is significant to notice as well that these two truths go hand in hand, that they complement each other, that they are both rooted in God's sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment