Thursday, March 25, 2010

Despised and Forsaken...and full of Grace and Truth

Jesus was spit upon. They treated Him like dirt. He was a "man of sorrows, acquainted with grief" (Is. 53:3). He went to the cross and stayed there and paid it all. He was my Substitute and still is. My representative. It makes me want to go and tell my people what great things God has done in my life - He saved me based on nothing I could ever have done and in spite of all I have done. He rescued me from the power and penalty of sin and someday will free me from the presence of sin. I am alive because of Jesus.

I have been forgiven, justified, reconciled. These are not just cool-sounding theological words - these represent the truth of what Jesus has done for me. They are not just benefits, they are means to an end...God Himself. They draw me close to Him in relationship; one initiated and sustained by Him. Good thing - I wouldn't have the strength or resiliency to keep things going. Praise God He is all-powerful and all-knowing, an ever-present help in times of plenty and want.

He (God) is the center of my universe. He is the reason; the Beginning and the End. Everything revolves around Jesus, "full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment