Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Preaching Prayers

I often find myself praying these words (or something similar) before I go up to preach on Sundays (they are also written in the front of my Bible):

"Lord, Your will be done; Your strength and power be evident; Your Name be praised; Your people be blessed; Your Word go forth; all for Your glory. Amen."

"Lord, I pray that the words You give me for others will be words that create in them a hunger for You and Your Word. That they would be consumed with thoughts of You! For Your glory, for Your kingdom, for Jesus' sake, in Jesus' Name, Amen."

"Do a miracle Lord."

"Lord, what do You want to say to Your people today?"

"Lord, thank You for giving me work that I love and is a passion for me. May only helpful words flow from my mouth and only helpful actions from my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

"Lord, help me go beyond the obvious."

"Lord, I am nothing and can do nothing without You!!!"

"Lord, use me for Your glory!"

"Lord, use me however You want. Let me be transparent, nothing hindering Your work. Available. Ready. Trusting. Your will be done. All praise and honor to You!"

Come to think of it, these are good things to pray every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment